The NCAA Tournament and Lent overlap this year. If you’re looking for a Cinderella story, Jesus is the ultimate underdog. He’s up against every team the world can throw at him. So are we.
Join us as we follow Jesus through the bracket this Lenten season and to the Big Dance at Easter. Will… he… go… all… the… way!?
- February 17, Ash Wednesday – drive-thru 7-8:00a & 5-6:30p + YouTube
- February 21, “JESUS v. TEMPTATION” (Mark 1:9-15) – 8:30a Classic, 11:00a Praise
- February 28, “JESUS v. EXPECTATION” (Mark 8:31-38) – 8:30a Classic, 11:00a Praise
- March 7, “JESUS v. CHURCH” (John 2:13-22) – 8:30a Classic, 11:00a Praise
- March 14, “JESUS v. CONDEMNATION” (youth-led service; John 3:14-21) – 8:30a Classic, 11:00a Praise
- March 21, “JESUS v. SUFFERING” (Hebrews 5:5-10) – 8:30a Classic, 11:00a Praise
Holy Week Services
- Palm Sunday, March 28, “THE BIG DANCE” (Mark 11:1-11) – 8:30a Classic, 11:00a Praise
- Maundy Thursday, April 1, “THE COACH’S SPEECH” (John 13:1,31b-35)
- Good Friday, April 2, “JESUS v. SIN & DEATH” (John 18:1-19:4)
- Easter Sunday, April 4, “THE SHINING MOMENT” (Mark 16:1-7) – 6:30a Sunrise (confirmand-led), 8:30a Classic, 11:00a Praise
All services will be live-streamed. Because of changing COVID conditions, plans for specific services may be updated. Subscribe to our eNews or check this page for the latest information.
Read the COVID team’s January 2021 update (PDF).
See our COVID-19 page for the most current information about re-opening, worship, groups, pastoral care, and other aspects of our church and community life affected by coronavirus. Our re-opening phases are tied to the Coulee COVID-19 Collaborative recommendations.
COVID Collaborative Status: High Risk (2021/01/31)
For Sunday, February 21, Pastor Park Hunter preaches “Jesus v. Temptation” based on Mark 1:9-15. Jesus’ journey to the cross is a lot like the NCAA tourney. There’s a whole bracket he (and we) need to defeat on our way to the championship. The first game is Jesus v. Temptation. Game on! This is the first in our Lenten series “March Madness.”
The kid puppets talk to Pastor Park about planning a garden for God.
Sandy Koster, Doug Huggett, Peg Benz, and Renee Kastenschmidt lead hymns at the 8:30a Classic service, and Cory Groves offers special music. Zoe de Boer, Melissa de Boer, Cathy Novy, and Pam Klinger lead music at the 11:00a Praise service.
Onalaska UMC worship services for this Sunday are available only by live stream on our YouTube channel. Please don’t come to church. Instead, stay at home and “praise in place!”
Here’s how to participate…
- Download and print the worship slides so you can follow along… 8:30 Classic or 11:00 Praise (PDF).
- Live stream worship at 8:30 and 11:00 from our YouTube channel.
- During worship, text requests to 608-304-7214.
- Give electronically, or contact the office to request mail-in giving envelopes.
- YouTube Live Chat is available during the service. Say “hi” and let us know you’re worshipping with us! You must be logged in with a Gmail account on your device to use the chat feature.
If YouTube doesn’t work for you, contact our office (608-783-3380 or email@example.com) and we will mail you a copy of the worship slides and the sermon notes the week following.