“Two are better than one for they have a good return for their work.” (Ecclesiastes 4:9)
This fall we will offer a way for you to put your friendship skills to good use. As part of our Welcoming Ministry focus, we would like to pair new visitors and potential members with church “friends.” These friends will connect with visitors outside of a Sunday morning – grabbing a coffee after church, inviting new visitors over for lunch or dinner – be creative!
Here are a few other expectations of a church friend:
- Accompany guest to new member class
- Inform guests of church ministries and upcoming events and invite them to participate
- Connect guests to any spiritual needs they may have (Stephen Ministers, pastoral care, etc.)
- Attend service when guests are being received as new members
- Continue to serve as a contact person after guests are received as members
You and your family will be paired with one individual or family at a time. Please contact me for more information. Thanks!
Jean Pagliaro, Director of Welcoming Ministry