COVID-19 has drastically affected our lives. During this time, people need a loving and supportive church community and the assurance of faith more than ever. Onalaska UMC continues to shine the light and hope and love of Christ into the world.
- Read the May 15 letter about re-opening (PDF) from our leaders.
- Onalaska UMC is committed to following local public health recommendations. We have a COVID-19 team reviewing best practices and will re-open when we can do so safely.
- Join a live daily devotion and prayer time Thursdays at noon with Pastor Park.
- Participate online at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6416910113 and mute/unmute yourself using the microphone icon at the bottom left of your screen.
- Not on the internet? Call 1-312-626-6799 and enter meeting ID “641 691 0113″ to join and listen by phone. Press *6 (star-six) to mute and unmute yourself.
- Do not come to church! We are worshiping online only until the Badger Bounce Back plan authorizes public meetings.
- Watch our Sunday services live at http://youtube.onalaskaumc.org
- Download worship materials before the service from http://www.onalaskaumc.org
- Not on the internet? If you can watch Netflix on your TV, you can probably watch our church services. Open up YouTube on your TV and search for “Onalaska UMC” to locate our videos.
- Or, call the church office at 608-783-3380 and we will mail you the worship order and pastor’s sermon each week.
- Email weekly prayer requests to email@example.com
- Text Sunday morning prayer requests to 608-799-4484 during the services.
- Not on the internet? Call 608-783-3380 x22 to leave voicemail prayer requests for Pastor Park during the week.
- Give online at http://give.onalaskaumc.org
- Not on the internet? Contact the office for envelopes if you prefer to mail a check.
- Or, drop off your offering during Scrip drive-thru times (see below).
- Subscribe to our weekly eNews at http://www.onalaskaumc.org (this is our main news channel)
- Check our FaceBook page for event info at http://facebook.onalaskaumc.org
- Don’t have email? Contact the office and we will mail you a weekly copy of the eNews.
- Need help? Call the church office and we’ll find someone to assist you.
- Want to help? Call or email the office and we’ll put you on a list of willing helpers.
- We will serve the Community Dinner the second Tuesday monthly as a drive-through.
- Local food pantries are hard-hit. Donate and designate “Food Pantry” to assist. Or, drop off canned goods during Scrip drive-thru times (see below).
- You can still purchase Scrip cards for grocery stores, gas stations, and restaurants.
- The Scrip Team is offering drive-thru Scrip service under the covered drop-off Thursdays 3:00-4:00pm and Sundays noon-1:00pm. Just pull up, and someone will come out to greet you.
- Contact the church office (608-783-3380 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to place your order ahead of time.
- We will be using the Zoom video conferencing service for phone and internet meetings, small groups, studies, etc.
- Contact your group leader for more information.
- Contact Pastor Park (608-799-4484) or Becky Barnes (608-386-9723) for telephone visitation.
- In some cases, we may also be able to do in-person visits.
- The church office remains open Monday-Friday 8:00am-2:30pm.
- Free cloth masks are available from the office for church members and friends.
- Please call ahead to 608-783-3380 to discuss your needs.
The Apostle Paul offers us these words of advice: “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7).
Friends, I give thanks for you and for our church community. We need to be careful, but we do not need to be afraid. We are here for each other and we are here for the world in the name of Jesus Christ.
Peace be with you.
Pastor Park Hunter