For Sunday, August 2, Pastor Park Hunter preaches “I Think I Can” based on Philippians 4:11b-13. Like the little engine that could, or the good samaritan who did, when we are faced with great challenges, we can count on God to lend us strength for the journey. The same God who made the mountain will get us over it. This is the first in our August series, “Life Is Like a Mountain Railroad.”
We’ll visit with the puppets. Jessica Gobel will share a God Moment about how Vacation Bible School has impacted her faith journey. Our Rocky Railway VBS week launches today with drive-through kit pickup after the service.
This is an open communion Sunday. You are encouraged to have something to eat and something to drink ready during the service to represent Christ’s presence as we extend the table. All are welcome to participate!
Hymns at the 8:30a Classic service are accompanied on organ and piano by Sandy Koster and our mini choir. Zoe deBoer and Pam Klinger lead the music team at the 10:30a Praise service.
Onalaska UMC worship services for this Sunday are available only by live stream on our YouTube channel. Please don’t come to church. Instead, stay at home and “praise in place!”
Here’s how to participate…
- Download the worship slides so you can follow along… 8:30 Classic or 10:30 Praise (PDF)
- Live stream worship at 8:30 and 10:30 from our YouTube channel.
- During worship, text prayer requests to 608-799-4484.
- Give electronically, or contact the office to request mail-in giving envelopes.
- Sign up for our Rocky Railway Stay-cation Bible School… http://onalaskaumc.org/vbs/
- See the 1940s version of “The Little Engine That Could” on YouTube… https://youtu.be/8EhpqcXoxGI
If YouTube doesn’t work for you, contact our office (608-783-3380 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will mail you a copy of the worship slides and the sermon notes the week following.