For Sunday, September 27, Pastor Park Hunter preaches “Amazing Grace,” based on Romans 5:6-11. The Kingdom of God looks like generous love. Jesus says the Kingdom is like workers hired at different times, paid the same wage (Mt 20:1-15). God’s amazing grace means that kingdom citizens don’t get our just deserts, but the far greater treasure of what God loves to give us: justification, reconciliation, salvation. This is the third in our seven-week series, “The Kingdom of God.”
Jessica Gobel takes us gardening during the children’s message. We learn about the Coulee Region Virtual Hunger Walk during the God Moment.
Sandy Koster, Doug Huggett, Renee Kastenschmidt, and Peg Benz lead hymns and special music at the 8:30a Classic service. Zoe de Boer, Melissa de Boer, Pam Klinger, and Cathy Novy lead music at the 11:00a Praise service.
Onalaska UMC worship services for this Sunday are available only by live stream on our YouTube channel. Please don’t come to church. Instead, stay at home and “praise in place!”
Here’s how to participate…
- Download and print the worship slides so you can follow along… 8:30 Classic or 11:00 Praise (PDF).
- Live stream worship at 8:30 and 10:30 from our YouTube channel.
- During worship, text requests to 608-304-7214.
- Give electronically, or contact the office to request mail-in giving envelopes.
- YouTube Live Chat is available during the service. Say “hi” and let us know you’re worshipping with us! You must be logged in with a Gmail account on your device to use the chat feature.
If YouTube doesn’t work for you, contact our office (608-783-3380 or email@example.com) and we will mail you a copy of the worship slides and the sermon notes the week following.