For Sunday, November 8, Paul Bratsch preaches “Missions in Reverse,” based on Matthew 25:34-40. We know we’re all called to missions – across the globe, in our communities, or in our everyday lives. But what would happen if we did missions in reverse? What if our mission is to find God rather than to bring God? This is the second in our November stewardship series, “A Hope & A Future.”
Jessica Gobel joins us for the children’s moment and introduces our Christmas shoebox mission supporting the local Boys & Girls Club. Our God Moment is a celebration of the amazing variety of missions and outreach projects Onalaska UMC has supported in the past year.
Sandy Koster, Ned Laughery, Peg Benz, Kelly Maloney-Wang, and Renee Kastenschmidt lead hymns and special music at the 8:30a Classic service. Zoe de Boer, Melissa de Boer, Pam Klinger, and Cathy Novy lead music at the 11:00a Praise service.
Onalaska UMC worship services for this Sunday are available only by live stream on our YouTube channel. Please don’t come to church. Instead, stay at home and “praise in place!”
Here’s how to participate…
- Download and print the worship slides so you can follow along… 8:30 Classic or 11:00 Praise (PDF).
- Live stream worship at 8:30 and 10:30 from our YouTube channel.
- During worship, text requests to 608-304-7214.
- Give electronically, or contact the office to request mail-in giving envelopes.
- YouTube Live Chat is available during the service. Say “hi” and let us know you’re worshipping with us! You must be logged in with a Gmail account on your device to use the chat feature.
If YouTube doesn’t work for you, contact our office (608-783-3380 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will mail you a copy of the worship slides and the sermon notes the week following.