For Sunday, November 22, Pastor Park Hunter preaches “Planting for the Future,” based on Jeremiah 29:11-14. God’s promise of hope and future came to people living in a barren time. God tells them plant gardens (29:5) and plan for the long run. We plant, others tend, God gives the growth. Life is an act of hope; the gifts we commit are seeds for the future of God’s church. This is the fourth in our November stewardship series, “A Hope & A Future.”
The puppets share a Thanksgiving poem during the Children’s Moment. We will pray over our stewardship cards and give God thanks for our gifts in the God Moment. Bring your card by church after the service (9:45-10:45am, and noon-1:00pm) to pray with Pastor Park and get free mini-pies for the family!
Sandy Koster, Kimberly & Jeff Wadewitz, and Kathi Beane lead hymns and special music at the 8:30a Classic service. The Noteworthy Bells mini-choir shares special music. Zoe de Boer and the Quarantine Kitchen Queens lead music at the 11:00a Praise service.
Onalaska UMC worship services for this Sunday are available only by live stream on our YouTube channel. Please don’t come to church. Instead, stay at home and “praise in place!”
Here’s how to participate…
- Download and print the worship slides so you can follow along… 8:30 Classic or 11:00 Praise (PDF).
- Live stream worship at 8:30 and 10:30 from our YouTube channel.
- During worship, text requests to 608-304-7214.
- Give electronically, or contact the office to request mail-in giving envelopes.
- YouTube Live Chat is available during the service. Say “hi” and let us know you’re worshipping with us! You must be logged in with a Gmail account on your device to use the chat feature.
If YouTube doesn’t work for you, contact our office (608-783-3380 or email@example.com) and we will mail you a copy of the worship slides and the sermon notes the week following.