For Sunday, November 29, Pastor Park Hunter preaches “Home Alone,” based on Mark 13:24-37. Our Advent readings start with an apocalypse. That feels about right for 2020! Yet even when we are home alone, bunkered down against the end of the world, we wait and watch with hope. This is the beginning of our Advent/Christmas series, “Home for Christmas.”
The puppets explain the meaning of the Advent wreath during the Children’s Moment. This is United Methodist Student Sunday, and we’ll share a video during the God Moment about this special giving opportunity.
Sandy Koster, Kimberly & Jeff Wadewitz, and Kathi Beane lead hymns and special music at the 8:30a Classic service. The Noteworthy Bells mini-choir shares special music during the prelude, and Kimberly sings a solo. Zoe & Melissa de Boer and Cathy Novy lead music at the 11:00a Praise service.
Onalaska UMC worship services for this Sunday are available only by live stream on our YouTube channel. Please don’t come to church. Instead, stay at home and “praise in place!”
Here’s how to participate…
- Download and print the worship slides so you can follow along… 8:30 Classic or 11:00 Praise (PDF).
- Live stream worship at 8:30 and 10:30 from our YouTube channel.
- During worship, text requests to 608-304-7214.
- Give electronically, or contact the office to request mail-in giving envelopes.
- YouTube Live Chat is available during the service. Say “hi” and let us know you’re worshipping with us! You must be logged in with a Gmail account on your device to use the chat feature.
If YouTube doesn’t work for you, contact our office (608-783-3380 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will mail you a copy of the worship slides and the sermon notes the week following.