For Sunday, January 3, Pastor Kari Riley of Amherst & Buena Vista UMCs preaches “Leaving Home,” based on Matthew 2:1-12 (The Message). A star leads the wise men looking for a king. They find an itinerant baby boy, predicted to be a shepherd-ruler. In this new year, no matter where you are, it’s the right time and the right place in God’s plan as we are called to care for others. This is the final message in our shared Advent/Christmas series, “Home for Christmas.”
Because of the New Year’s holiday, this Sunday we have only a single service at 9:30a. Paul Bratsch shares a Children’s Moment. Pastor Park leads us in the Wesleyan Covenant Prayer as we dedicate ourselves to loving God and neighbors in 2021. Sandy Koster, Doug Huggett, Peg Benz, and Renee Kastenschmidst lead music at the 9:30a Classic service.
We celebrate open communion during this service. All are welcome to participate! Please have something to eat and drink prepared to represent Christ – bread and grape juice or wine are traditional.
Onalaska UMC worship services for this Sunday are available only by live stream on our YouTube channel. Please don’t come to church. Instead, stay at home and “praise in place!”
Here’s how to participate…
- Download and print the worship slides so you can follow along… 9:30 Classic (PDF).
- Live stream worship at 9:30 from our YouTube channel.
- During worship, text requests to 608-304-7214.
- Give electronically, or contact the office to request mail-in giving envelopes.
- YouTube Live Chat is available during the service. Say “hi” and let us know you’re worshipping with us! You must be logged in with a Gmail account on your device to use the chat feature.
If YouTube doesn’t work for you, contact our office (608-783-3380 or email@example.com) and we will mail you a copy of the worship slides and the sermon notes the week following.