For Sunday, February 7, Pastor Park Hunter preaches “She Began to Serve” based on Mark 1:29-39. We’re running to keep up with Jesus as he barges in and heals Peter’s mother-in-law. She bounces up from her sick bed and begins to serve the guests. Jesus breaks boundaries and rules to save us, then sends us out to break down barriers and serve the world. This is the fourth in our discipleship series, “Follow Me.”
Jessica Gobel shares a children’s message. We kick off Black History Month with special music by Barbara Martin-Stanley. To celebrate Reconciling Sunday, we have greetings and witness from national and church church members for the God Moment. Read OUMC’s detailed reconciling and welcoming statement here.
Sandy Koster, Doug Huggett, Kathy Bartel and Peg Benz lead hymns at the 8:30a Classic service. Zoe and Melissa de Boer and Cathy Novy lead music at the 11:00a Praise service.
We celebrate open communion during this service. All are welcome to participate! Please have something to eat and drink prepared to represent Christ – bread and grape juice or wine are traditional.
Onalaska UMC worship services for this Sunday are available only by live stream on our YouTube channel. Please don’t come to church. Instead, stay at home and “praise in place!”
Here’s how to participate…
- Download and print the worship slides so you can follow along… 8:30 Classic or 11:00 Praise (PDF).
- Read more about OUMC’s reconciling process here… Reconciling Ministry
- Live stream worship at 8:30 and 11:00 from our YouTube channel.
- During worship, text requests to 608-304-7214.
- Give electronically, or contact the office to request mail-in giving envelopes.
- YouTube Live Chat is available during the service. Say “hi” and let us know you’re worshipping with us! You must be logged in with a Gmail account on your device to use the chat feature.
If YouTube doesn’t work for you, contact our office (608-783-3380 or email@example.com) and we will mail you a copy of the worship slides and the sermon notes the week following.