For Sunday, March 28, Pastor Park Hunter preaches “The Big Dance” based on Mark 11:1-11. Talk about a Cinderella story: nobody expected Jesus to make it this far in the tournament! As Jesus makes his triumphant entry into Jerusalem for Passover, the teeming but fickle crowds cheer for the underdog come to the big dance. This is the sixth in our Lenten series “March Madness.”
Jessica Gobel shares the children’s moment from Pine Lake Camp. Our God Moment features UMCOR Sunday, one of the six special offerings in the UMC.
Sandy Koster, Ned Laughery, Renee Kastenschmidt, and Peg Benz lead hymns at the 8:30a Classic service, with special music by Peg, Renee, Pam Klinger and Cathy Navy. At the 11:00am Praise service, enjoy music led by Zoe and Melissa de Boer, Pam Klinger, and Cathy Novy.
We’ll celebrate Palm Sunday between services at 10:00am with a pandemic-friendly Drive-Thru Palm Parade! Line up before 10am along 5th Avenue, around the corner on Locust, and up our north drive to the covered drop-off. We’ll hand out palms, and when the church bells ring the hour we’ll drive around the block waving our palm branches out the windows and honking our horns. “Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”
Onalaska UMC worship services for this Sunday are available only by live stream on our YouTube channel. Please don’t come to church. Instead, stay at home and “praise in place!”
Here’s how to participate…
- Download and print the worship slides so you can follow along… 8:30 Classic or 11:00 Praise (PDF).
- Live stream worship at 8:30 and 11:00 from our YouTube channel.
- During worship, text requests to 608-304-7214.
- Give electronically, or contact the office to request mail-in giving envelopes.
- YouTube Live Chat is available during the service. Say “hi” and let us know you’re worshipping with us! You must be logged in with a Gmail account on your device to use the chat feature.
If YouTube doesn’t work for you, contact our office (608-783-3380 or email@example.com) and we will mail you a copy of the worship slides and the sermon notes the week following.