For Sunday, May 2, Pastor Park Hunter preaches “The Necessary Now” based on Acts 1:1-11. Resurrection and Pentecost get the headlines, but what about the time between? The disciples are eager for “next,” but Jesus tells them to live in the now. What have we learned during COVID and what do we want to keep? Between caterpillar and butterfly, we have to go through the chrysalis stage. This is the third Sunday in our spring series, “The Butterfly Effect.”
For the Kids’ Time and God Moment, Jessica Gobel helps us celebrate Camp Sunday. OUMC has a long tradition of sending kids to Methodist summer camps. The Men’s Fellowship will present a scholarship check. We’ll also see a short video from the men’s work day helping Pine Lake Camp get ready for the year.
Sandy Koster, Ned Laughery, Renee Kastenschmidt, and Peg Benz lead hymns at the 8:30a Classic service. Zoe de Boer, Cathy Novy, and Pam Klinger lead music at the 11:00a Praise service.
We celebrate open communion during this service. All are welcome to participate! Please have something to eat and drink prepared to represent Christ – bread and grape juice or wine are traditional.
Here’s how to participate…
- Sign-up by Saturday night to attend in-person… 8:30 sign-up or 11:00 sign-up.
- Live stream worship for 8:30 and 11:00 services from our YouTube channel.
- Download and print the worship slides so you can follow along… 8:30 slides or 11:00 slides (PDF).
- During worship, text requests to 608-304-7214.
- Give electronically, or contact the office to request mail-in giving envelopes.
- YouTube Live Chat is available during the service. Say “hi” and let us know you’re worshipping with us! You must be logged in with a Gmail account on your device to use the chat feature.
- Download the prayer & coloring sheet mentioned in the message… Butterfly Prayers (PDF).
If YouTube doesn’t work for you, contact our office (608-783-3380 or email@example.com) and we will mail you a copy of the worship slides and the sermon notes the week following.