For Sunday, May 30, Pastor Park Hunter preaches “The Butterfly Effect,” based on Acts 16:11-15. Things are new for us, and for the world. Like the flapping of a butterfly’s wings might cause a mighty wind, little changes can make a big difference. The conversion of Lydia changed a heart, a household, and perhaps a continent. Who do our lives touch? How will we and OUMC spread our wings and change the world for Christ? This is last Sunday in our spring series, “The Butterfly Effect.”
We are commissioning our new Stephen Ministers today. Pastor Park pays one more visit to Gilda’s garden during the children’s moment. We honor Memorial Day, and we’ll check the butterfly cam one more time.
Sandy Koster, Doug Huggett, Renee Kastenschmidt, Kelly Maloney-Wang, and Dave Trapp lead hymns at the 8:30a Classic service. Zoe & Melissa de Boer, Pam Klinger, and Cathy Novy lead music at the 11:00a Praise service.
Limited in-person worship is now available. Masking is still required for now. You must sign-up by Saturday evening to attend in person. Click here for info. Worship services are also livestreamed on our YouTube channel.
Here’s how to participate…
- Sign-up by Saturday night to attend in-person… 8:30 sign-up or 11:00 sign-up.
- Live stream worship for 8:30 and 11:00 services from our YouTube channel.
- Download and print the worship slides so you can follow along… 8:30 slides or 11:00 slides (PDF).
- During worship, text requests to 608-304-7214.
- Give electronically, or contact the office to request mail-in giving envelopes.
- YouTube Live Chat is available during the service. Say “hi” and let us know you’re worshipping with us! You must be logged in with a Gmail account on your device to use the chat feature.
- Download the prayer & coloring sheet mentioned in the message… Butterfly Prayers (PDF).
If YouTube doesn’t work for you, contact our office (608-783-3380 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will mail you a copy of the worship slides and the sermon notes the week following.