For Sunday, July 4, Pastor Park Hunter preaches “The Book of You,” based on Psalm 139:13-18. Matthew, Luke, John, James, Peter… books in the Bible. But the story of God’s love goes on, and we’re still writing it today. If someone wrote the Book of You, what would we learn about how you’ve responded to the love of Jesus Christ?. This is the first in our July series, “The Book of You.”
Jessica Gobel leads the Kid’s Message; then younger kids can join her for Children’s Church. During the God Moment, we’ll hear about La Crosse Jail Ministry, one of our mission outreaches. We’ll recognize Independence Day in song and prayer.
We celebrate open communion during this service. All are welcome to participate! Please have something to eat and drink prepared to represent Christ – bread and grape juice or wine are traditional. Regular and gluten-free communion cups are available at church.
Sandy Koster, Doug Huggett, Kimberly & Jeff Wadewitz, Kathi Beane, and Ron Adams lead hymns at the 8:30a Classic service. Zoe and Melissa de Boer, Pam Klinger, and Grace Hoskin lead music at the 11:00a Praise service.
Limited in-person worship is now available. You must sign-up by Saturday evening to attend in person. Singing in the sanctuary resumes this Sunday! Click here for info. Worship services are also livestreamed on our YouTube channel.
Here’s how to participate…
- Sign-up to attend in-person… 8:30 sign-up or 11:00 sign-up.
- Live stream worship for 8:30 and 11:00 services from our YouTube channel.
- Download and print the worship slides so you can follow along… 8:30 slides or 11:00 slides (PDF).
- During worship, text requests to 608-304-7214.
- Give electronically, or contact the office to request mail-in giving envelopes.
- YouTube Live Chat is available during the service. Say “hi” and let us know you’re worshipping with us! You must be logged in with a Gmail account on your device to use the chat feature.
If YouTube doesn’t work for you, contact our office (608-783-3380 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will mail you a copy of the worship slides and the sermon notes the week following.