COVID-19 has drastically affected our lives. During this time, people need a loving and supportive church community and the assurance of faith more than ever. Onalaska UMC continues to shine the light and hope and love of Christ into the world. We are worshiping together online, serving our people, and engaging in community outreach and mission even while we wait to re-open our building.
Our COVID-19 Team is responsible for planning our response and re-opening. Watch the video or follow the links below to learn more. Contact Pastor Park Hunter (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Mark Beahm, team chairperson (email@example.com), for more information.
- All aspects of Onalaska UMC’s Operational Safety Plan in place (health checks, masking, social distancing, thorough cleaning, record keeping, etc.).
- Only essential business operations conducted by staff in the building, with the recommendation that they work from home whenever possible.
- No in-person groups or meetings
- Weekly worship by livestream (http://youtube.onalaskaumc.org) with 9 or fewer people onsite to lead and facilitate.
- Re-Opening Plan (PDF) – June 11, 2020 letter from the COVID-19 team outlining our phased re-opening plan and summer events.
- WI Court Response (PDF) – May 15, 2020 letter from the COVID-19 team responding to the Wisconsin Supreme Court decision with our ongoing plans to protect and serve our congregation and community.
- Staying Connected (PDF) – March 20, 2020 pastor’s letter at the start of the pandemic listing ways we can stay connected.
- Safer at Home – March 14, 2020 pastor’s letter describing how OUMC can continue to fulfill our mission and vision during the pandemic.
- COVID-19 Response Plan (Google Doc) – Our COVID-19 Team’s process for determining the risk level and recommendations for re-opening the church in phases. May be updated periodically.
- Operational Safety Plan (Google Doc) – Detailed list of requirements for using the building in Phases 1 and 2 based on best practices from the CDC and other authorities. May be updated periodically.