This Sunday, Pastor Park preaches “Grateful Together,” from Psalm 100. Communal gratitude is joyful and festive. Worship is full of these moments. How can we celebrate together in a time of pandemic? How can we also celebrate God in all that we do in life? This is part of our Lenten series based on Diana Butler Bass’s book, Grateful: The Subversive Practice of Giving Thanks.
Megan Pence will share a God Moment, “Gay? Fine By Me.” Hymns at the 8:30a Classic service will be accompanied on organ and piano by Sandy Koster. Zoe deBoer leads the music team at the 11:00a Praise service.
Onalaska UMC worship services for this Sunday are available only by live stream on our YouTube channel. Please don’t come to church. Instead, stay at home and “praise in place!”
Here’s how to participate…
- Download the worship slides so you can follow along… 8:30 Classic or 11:00 Praise (PDF)
- Live stream worship at 8:30 and 11:00 from our YouTube channel.
- During worship, text prayer requests to Pastor Park at 608-799-4484.
- Give electronically, or contact the office to request mail-in giving envelopes.
If YouTube doesn’t work for you, contact our office (608-783-3380 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will mail you a copy of the worship slides and Pastor Park’s sermon the week following.
COVID-19 has drastically affected our lives, as people are advised to stay home as much as possible to limit spread of the disease. Onalaska UMC is also affected, as we can no longer host gatherings of more than 9 people.
During this time, people need a loving and supportive church community and the assurance of faith more than ever. We continue to shine the light and hope and love of Christ into the world.
Here is how Onalaska UMC is responding to COVID-19…
- Join a live daily devotion and prayer time at noon, Monday-Friday led by Pastor Park and other church leaders.
- Join online at https://zoom.us/j/449058122
- Or, call 1-312-626-6799 and enter meeting ID “449 058 122”
- Do not come to church! We are worshiping online only at this time.
- Watch our Sunday services live at http://youtube.onalaskaumc.org
- Download worship materials Friday before from http://www.onalaskaumc.org
- Not on the internet? Call the church office at 608-783-3380 and we will mail you the worship order and pastor’s sermon each week.
- Email weekly prayer requests to email@example.com
- Text Sunday morning prayer requests to 608-799-4484 during the services.
- Call 608-783-3380 x22 to leave voicemail prayer requests for Pastor Park during the week.
- Contact Pastor Park (608-799-4484) or Becky Barnes (608-386-9723) for telephone visitation.
- In some cases, we may also be able to do in-person visits.
- Need help? Call the church office and we’ll find someone to assist you.
- Want to help? Call or email the office and we’ll put you on a list of willing helpers.
- We will serve the Community Dinner the second Tuesday monthly as a drive-through.
- Local food pantries are hard-hit. Donate and designate “Food Pantry” to assist.
- We will be using the Zoom video conferencing service for phone and internet meetings, small groups, studies, etc.
- Watch for more information, or contact your group leader.
- The church office remains open Monday-Friday 8:00am-2:30pm.
- Please call ahead to 608-783-3380 to discuss your needs.
- You can still purchase Scrip from the office.
The Apostle Paul offers us these words of advice: “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7).
Friends, I give thanks for you and for our church community. We need to be careful, but we do not need to be afraid. We are here for each other and we are here for the world in the name of Jesus Christ.
Peace be with you.
Pastor Park Hunter